Jennifer Allen is a Canadian trained physiotherapist with experience in dry needling, cupping, acupuncture, manual therapy and concussion. Her approach involves empowering patients to manage their own conditions while utilizing therapeutic exercise and education as the primary tools to achieve this.
Before joining FSHN full-time, Jennifer was working in Edmonton, Canada in a private practice with orthopedic patients, in an acute care hospital and in a surgical orthopedic clinic for total hip and knee replacements. She has also spent time working in the territory of Nunavut in Northern Canada in a broader physiotherapy role treating a wide range of patients. In addition, Jennifer’s global health experience includes completing a physiotherapy practicum in rural Kenya, working as an Instructor in a Physiotherapy program at a university in Mexico and working as a Physiotherapist Trainer in rural Nepal following the 2015 earthquakes.
Jennifer earned a Bachelor in Kinesiology and Health Studies and then went on to work as a personal trainer before completing a Master’s of Science in Physical Therapy at the University of Alberta in 2010. Jennifer has also completed numerous post-graduate training programs in Canada, covering a multitude of areas. Most recently she completed the Complete Concussion Management course, Mulligan upper and lower courses and the McKenzie Diagnosis and Therapy Certification.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Complete Concussion Management Course - 2018
- McKenzie Method of Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT) Certified - 2017
- Kinetacore Functional Dry Needling Certified (Level 1 and 2) - 2016, 2017
- Mulligan Concept Upper and Lower Quadrant Courses - 2016, 2017
- University of Alberta Rehab 570: Diagnostic Imaging in Physiotherapy Practice Course - 2016
- Manual Concepts Certificate in Orthopedic Manual Therapy (Perth, Australia) – 2014
- Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute (AFCI) AA1 and AA2 Courses - 2012
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar pain; chronic pain
- Preventative therapy for office workers
- Orthopedic injuries
- Optimizing training, performance and recovery for athletes
- Global Health
- Functional Dry Needling Certified
- McKenzie Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT) Certified
- Certificate in Orthopedic Manual Therapy (Manual Concepts; Australia)
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association; Global Health Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association Member
- Licensed Physiotherapist in Alberta, Canada